Wow, there are so many bumble bees about now in the garden.🐝 One of our flowering bushes is literally buzzing with activity! Don’t you just love them?
I am sure you know by now about the Bumble Bee that I make for customers called Mr Bumbley Bee?
Well, how about creating your very own Mr Bumbley Bee?
I have just finished a detailed, step by step tutorial with over 250 instructional photos across 108 pages to show you 7 stages to create your own giant bumble bee.
He’s a giant fluffy gorgeousness that you can be brave to have him sit on your hand as he’s made of wool and much too much of a gentleman to sting you. His body is made of soft wool tops and his legs and antennae are shaped with pipe cleaners. His wings are made of organza with hand sewn stitching with white embroidery silks.
The tutorial is available now in my Etsy shop and includes Bee Anatomy diagram, Size Guides with wing template, Felting safety advice and Care instructions for your finished bee.
You will learn how to:
– Twist pipe cleaners together to form a basic armature structure.
– Emphasise the leg segments and antennae by adding small pieces of wool to them.
– Wrap wool over the armature and build up layers of wool to sculpt a bee shape.
– Use a reverse needle to create fluffy bumble bee hair.
– Create the bee’s white tail using a long fur technique.
– Add depth of colour to the yellow bands.
– Make wing shapes from organza material and hand sew a pattern and attach wings.
Here’s a tiny preview of some of the pages you’ll find in the tutorial;
Please contact me with any questions. I hope you have fun making your very own Mr Bumbley Bee!
I would so love to see your bee creation, so please post a photo of him on Instagram with #mrbumbleybee.